From the 16th century, the history of Medical Science in Russia rated as top position compared to other countries. Russia is the 8th top study destination where students around the globe look forward to studying MBBS. Out of 65 universities offering MBBS in Russia, 30 universities are listed in World's Top 100 Universities according to the World Health Organization (WHO)'s Directory of World Medical Schools. All universities are recognised by MCI Medical Council of India, WHO, European Council.MBBS in Russia is a preferred choice for Indian students due to subsidised fee by Russian Ministry of Health Education, quality medical education with practical knowledge, best infrastructure, personalised attention, easy admission process and safe and secure environment for study.
MBBS ADMISSION TO STUDY IN RUSSIA
- A student with 12th Standard in Science or Equivalent Examination with a minimum of 50% Marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- If the applicant falls under the category SC/ST/OBC, he/she must have secured at least 40% in all the above-mentioned subjects in 10+2.
- English is also a mandatory subject for eligibility.
- No Common Entrance Test required.
- The applicant should be over 17 and below 25 years old on or before the date of admission.
- The applicant should clear NEET as it is mandatory for students coming from India.
- 10th and 12th class mark sheets
- NEET result (qualified)
- Aadhar Card
- Scanned copy of the filled admission form
- 6 passport size colour photograph with a white background,
- Scanned copy of passport (if your Passport is ready)
ADVANTAGES OF DOING MBBS IN RUSSIA FOR INDIAN STUDENTS
- Low Subsidised course fees- Compared to India, the cost of studying MBBS in Russia is affordable and reliable. The Russian government has subsidised education due to which the average fees for MBBS in Russia is 4000 US Dollars ( 2,80,000 Indian Rupees) per year only.
- Worldwide Recognition of the Degrees provided by Medical Universities of Russia- The universities of Russia provide internationally recognised degrees which are accredited by the Medical Council of India and WHO thus making the students eligible to practice in any country they wish to. All the universities are Government Universities of Russia.
- Excellent Result in MCI Screening Test and USMLE - The professors of the university are well aware of the MCI regulations and the syllabus and pattern of these exams. A student is simultaneously coached for the MCI screening test and USMLE entrance exam to study or practice in the USA.
- Medium of Training - There are three types of MBBS courses in Russia – MBBS course in full Russian Medium, Bilingual MBBS Course ( 3 years English and 3 years Russia medium) and some colleges that offer fully English medium MBBS course. However, the elementary Russian language is also taught to foreign students during the fully English medium MBBS in Russia, so that they can interact with local patients during their practical training.
- Accommodation The Universities are equipped with well-furnished hostels.These hostels are secure facilities and equipped with latest amenities.
- Personalised Training To provide individualised attention to each applicant, student to teacher ratio is 7:1 in all Russian Medical Universities.
- Easy Admission Procedure Admissions to Russian Medical Universities are simple and convenient.The applicant is given admission based on their academic performance and NEET result, they need not pass any Entrance exam or pay anydonation.
- Low Cost of Living in Russia - Russia is not an expensive country . Apart from MBBS tuition fees and hostel cost, a student needs to spend around 100 USD to 150 USD per month for food and other living expenses.
- Campus Life - The Russian Universities are known for well-developed medical faculty, advanced labs and practical teaching techniques. The campus are known for availability of regional food, sports facilities, academics for foreign students. Indian Canteen is Available in most of the Universities.
- Qualified Faculty - Russian universities have dignified faculty members including doctors of science, research analyst, scientists etc.
- Course Duration - Course duration of MBBS in Russia is of 7 years including 1 year of clinical internship.
- Safe and Secure Environment - Russian Communities are significantly more secure. Security in public space as well as in vacant place is secured by High Authority Security of Russia.
Comparison Between MBBS In Russia MBBS In India
MBBS IN RUSSIA
MBBS IN INDIA
In Russia, the cost of studying medicine is comparatively low.
In India, the cost of studying medicine is high.
Duration of MBBS course in Russia is 7 years.
Duration of MBBS course in India is 6 years.
Entrance test is not required
Entrance test required.
Donation not required
Some colleges take the donation for admissions in medical course.
Degree awarded as MD in Medicine.
Degree awarded as MBBS in Medicine.
Career Options After Completing MBBS In Russia
- Hospital Management - After completing MBBS from Russia, one can go for a postgraduate course in hospital management. The programme involves the management of hospitals, human resource management, medical billing, health information.
- Research - MBBS graduates can join a number of research organisations for pursuing a job in research-oriented opportunities.
- Government jobs - MBBS doctors can do a job in government as well as private sectors. Programme assigned at a hospital for MBBS graduates are internships, medical practices etc.
- Clinical Practices - Clinical exposure is provided to MBBS graduates.
- Specialisation - One can choose specialisation courses in medicine and can pursue a job with a lucrative salary package.